Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Christmas program





I wanted to post a little blog about the Christmas program that I took Hannah to last Sunday. Her cousins, Carrson and Briea, participated in their school's Christmas program. Carrson and Briea go to a Christian daycare center and every year the teachers work with the kids and put on a wonderful Christmas program for their families. This year both Carrson and Briea had speaking parts and were up on the stage for the entire show.


They both did wonderfully! We were a little worried about Carrson as he developed a small case of stage fright right before the program was supposed to start. However, our worry was in vain. Once he got out there he did wonderfully! His class started out the show with a little poem to welcome everyone. Each child was a letter that spelled out welcome, Briea was the E and Carrson was the '!' at the end. However, after he ended the poem and welcomed everyone, he decided to place himself next to his good friend Shaun so they spelled "WELCO!ME". It's things like that that make those programs so precious.


Both Carrson and Briea new all the words and motions to the songs. They did a wonderful job and we couldn't be more proud.



I'd like to add a special note that Briea was wearing a beautiful sparkly dress that twirled fabulously with matching sparkly shoes, which she pulled off fabulously. ( we all know that sparkles can't be pulled off by just anybody). Carrie, thank you so much for inviting us to be a part of such a wonderful day. I can't wait til it's Hannah up there in her sparkly, twirly dress.

To end this blog I've posted the lyrics to one of the songs that the kids sang. I'm not sure who wrote the song, all the lyric sites I found simply said that the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir performed it. A truly wonderful reminder of what Christmas is all about.



Happy birthday Jesus
I'm so glad it's Christmas
All the tinsel and lights
And the presents are nice
But the real gift is You.

Happy birthday Jesus
I'm so glad it's Christmas
All the carols and bells
Make the holiday swell
And it's all about You
Happy birthday Jesus

Jesus I love You!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

What a great aunt. I wish we could have gone to the program. How cute! I LOVE the pics with the twins holding Hannah. She has really grown already.