Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas is coming!

The holiday season is now in full swing and I'm loving every minute of it! It's my favorite time of year, but I have to admit this year is different. We have a little one in the home, and although years from now I know she won't remember her first Christmas, I will. Along with many families this year, our Christmas will be sparce in the present department. Kev's Christmas present to me this year was an extra 6 weeks home with my baby. It's the best present I could ask for, but calls for some extra care in the finance department as these 6 weeks we are living on one income instead of two.
I've been watching on the news how our economy is suffering and what an awful Christmas this is going to be. While the troubled economy affects us all in one way or another, it shouldn't have an impact on celebrating Christmas! One of the things I want to make sure Hannah knows is that Christmas is a celebration of the Savior's birth. It is not about the gifts she may find under the tree. The true gift is Jesus! When I think of all the traditions I want to pass on to my baby girl, I want to make sure she understands and LOVES the true meaning of Christmas. That's something a suffering economy has no impact on.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

1 comment:

Mindy said...

You are so amazing!