Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy Day!


So yesterday Hannah and I had a very busy day. Lots of running around. I have to say I'm still perfecting the art of judging how much time to allow to get both Hannah and I ready to go somewhere. I hate being late to things but getting ready with a baby in the mix is quite an adventure in and of itself.




Anyway, first stop on our little outing was the hospital where I work. I had to drop off something at our "lactation station" (a wonderful little store that provides support and encouragement for us breast-feeding mommies). They have a scale in the store so I weighed little Miss Hannah and would you believe she's already 10 pounds?!? She's moving up in the world! She's now in size 1 diapers as well as 0-3 month clothes verses her newborn stuff. (there was even a time that she was in preemie clothes! What a difference 6 weeks makes) Then it was off to the high risk maternity ward where I work. I can never go to the hospital without stopping by to say hello to the wonderful ladies that I've worked with for the last 5 years. They love our visits and Hannah just eats up all the love. This visit however, she slept through most of the passing around.







Susan, Janette ( 2 of Hannah's surrogate grandma's)

Then it was off to my Dr's appointment for my 6 week postpartum checkup. Hannah came with me to see our favorite OB, Dr. Gonzalez who took such wonderful care of us throughout the whole pregnancy. Unfortunately since Hannah made her debut a little earlier than planned, Dr.Gonzalez wasn't able to be there for the delivery... there's always next time!!!



I got a clean bill of health, we took a couple pictures and we headed home.


Dr.Gonzalez with Hannah

Later that evening we got a call from Grandma and Grandpa that Uncle Paul was in town for the night. Hannah was already ready for bed (pj's and all) but we made a quick trip over to see Uncle Paul.

A busy day for the two of us, but full of friends, catching up and of course loving on Hannah. We are a blessed family and Hannah is one loved little girl!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Are you ready to pass out from lugging the baby and all her accessories all over town? That sounds like quite a day. Good for you!

Mindy said...

The kids are loving the pictures of their new cousin. They are actually cheering out loud and clapping.

Manderly Ringor said...

I am so glad you have this blog! She is so pretty and it's nice to see some familiar faces on here. :) Have a good one...:)