Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pumpkin festival


What a wonderful day we had today! The only thing that would have made it even better would have been if Kev had been able to join us. For now he has to work weekends. He's such a great Daddy, he and Hannah seem to have a language all their own. He comes home and picks her up and they just stare at each other. He gets smiles out of her that I can't. I tell you, there's something truly special about the father daughter relationship. But I digress...

This afternoon Hannah, my friend Larissa and I packed up and headed to our local park for the pumpkin festival. I've lived in the Elk Grove area for the greater part of my life and this is the first I'd heard of it. It was a lot of fun! They had a scarecrow contest, a pumpkin recipe contest, live music and entertainment (all different kinds of dancing... the dance studio I used to teach for was there) good food, crafts, and much more! The weather was perfect, a real nice breeze to keep you cool but not cold.
Hannah slept through probably 2/3 of our trip, which worked out nicely.
We ran into some lifelong friends of mine, Jim and Lisa Brown (or Miss Lisa as she's more commonly known). Miss Lisa was one of my first dance teachers, I started dancing with her when I was 4 or 5 and ended up teaching for her in college while finishing my nursing training. We've kept in touch mostly via e-mail, but I was so glad she was able to meet Hannah in person. Hopefully one day Hannah will be in one of her classes just like mommy! (I can hope, anyway)
All in all it was a nice afternoon, Hannah was her usual sweet self, I got to get out and get some fresh air and spend some time with a good friend. Who could ask for more?
"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
Psalms 118:24
Hope everyone has a blessed week!
Love,
Kevin, Annika and Hannah

No comments: