Monday, April 20, 2009

A new experience

The last week has brought the heat back to Sacramento, and it's only April! At Target today, I decided to pick up a little wading pool for Hannah. It's this cute little hippo and has a little area where you can put the hose and it spouts out water. Soooo, when Daddy got home from work today I had the little pool all ready and put on Hannah's swimsuit. I didn't put much water in the pool itself. I knew it was going to be cold and I just wanted her to get used to the new pool first. We stood her in the pool and she turned and looked at me and SCREAMED!
You would have thought she was being tortured! Kev turned the little spout on thinking that it would catch her attention and help her enjoy this new experience. Wrong. It simply made her scream louder. Bummer. We weren't able to get any pictures to capture this glorious moment. Maybe next time.
As I brought her back in the house, Kev pointed out that I was more wet than she was. I was hoping if she saw me having fun in the water, she'd want to too. Nope. She was brought in and changed into PJ's and she was still telling us how much she didn't like the water. Good grief!!!
10 minutes later she had calmed down some so I called my family to ask a quick question. The minute I started talking to my brother, Hannah felt the need to tell him all about her horrible experience. Can they be drama queens at such a young age??? I'm beginning to think so...

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Oh the dissapointment!!

I know the feeling, sometimes I am so excited that I got something new for my girls and then the reaction I get is not what I expected.

It's so hard being a Mom at times!