Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful


Thankful: greatful; feeling or showing gratitude


I know this is all a time of year where we all try to focus on the many blessings our Lord has given us and try to maintain a thankful heart. This past year, our whole family has been trying to live that greatfulness on a daily basis. No matter what the situation, or how we may be feeling at that particular moment, it really does make a difference to make an effort to try and maintain a greatful attitude. One of Hannah's favorite shows is Veggie Tales. In one of the episodes the characters sing a song about having a thankful heart. The lyrics say "a thankful heart is a happy heart. I'm glad for what I have, that's an easy way to start." So I thought I'd start off my grand re-entrance to blogging telling you all about what I'm greatful for.


*I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior. Things are not always easy. I stumble a lot in my daily walk with Him. But He's always there to pick me up. He encourages me. He gives me hope, He is my hope. He stretches me (more than I'd like at times) and I am a better person because He is my center.
.

* I'm thankful for my amazing husband. He's an encourager, no matter what the situation. He is stable and steady and loving. He is an amazing father, provider and friend. I am blessed to share this journey with him and love him more than I can say. I am a very lucky girl. He brings to this family a light and love that would otherwise not be here. He is hilarious and there is lots of laughter here because of him

* I am thankful for my beautiful daughter. Hannah has taught me more than I could ever begin to list here, and she's only 2 years old. Because of her I love differently. I am more aware of how simple things can make a big impact. I love how she looks at life, and so wish that innocence could stay with her forever. I am thankful that the Lord chose to bless my life with her. She has a kind and gentle spirit, which I am truly thankful for. She loves life!



*I am thankful for our home. I am thankful for the Lord's presence in our home and the peace that resonates here because of it. I am thankful for the roof that doesn't leak and the heater that works. I am thankful for the food in my refigerator, even if it isn't always what I "feel" like eating at the time, we have never known hunger.

*I am thankful for my job. I am truly blessed to work in a place where miracles are an everyday occurence. I am thankful for the amazing group of nurses that I get to work with and share life with.

*I am thankful for the ability to share my life with a wonderful group of friends. God has truly blessed our family by those people He has surrounding us. They are a source of encouragement, love, and laughter. They are a true treasure to us and make life lots of fun.

I know this time of year can be stressful, especially with all that's going on right now. Hopefully we can still take a little time out to truly stop and look at the blessings we have in our lives.

I have to go now...Hannah's throwing a fit and has started literally throwing things. She knows how to get your attention, I'll give her that!


"Behold! What manner of love the Father has given unto us, that we should be called sons and daughters of God." 1 John 3:1


2 comments:

Kerri said...

And...I'm thankful for my bestie Annika who never gave up on me. Remember that folder of versus you gave to me years and years ago. I still have that and read through it so often. You...Annika...have a heart of gold and I'm so thankful that YOU are a part of my heart and always will be. Truly Annika...you reconnected me to God and where would I be right now if I didn't have him in my life. I shudder to think that. I love you, Kevin and dearest Hannah so much. Oh Annika...I wish I could put in words how you have changed my live. I love you so much!

Kerri said...

Okay...so on that last picture...what went down...LOL. I have NEVER seen a face live that ever. Hilarious!!!!!!!!