Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!



This past weekend my Mom, Hannah and I went on our first road trip. We went down to LA for a graduation. Christina, my best friend since high school, was recieving her Masters degree. We couldn't miss such an important event, so down I-5 we went, girls trip!!! Before we left, Kevin went and got my car all washed up! She looked so nice I thought I'd take a pic and post it here for all to see:)

The graduation was very nice. It was in the evening so we weren't stuck in the sun. Hannah behaved like a perfect little lady. She entertained all those in her general area, but did not get loud or interruptive. Kudos once again to Kev who downloaded a veggie tales video onto my phone. She watched intently during the ceremony and stayed very quiet.


Graduation ceremony. I know you can't see her, but Christina is heading toward the podium to collect her diploma.


Hannah at the graduation.

Christina and I after graduation.

The next day was the graduation party. It was at a nice little park in Seal Beach. It was quite a sunny day but there was a nice wind so you didn't feel the heat so much. Positive side to this, you get to enjoy a beautiful sunny day without feeling like you're burning up! Negative side to this, you burn up without realizing it! Thankfully I thought ahead and lathered my dear baby girl in SPF 50 lotion and dressed her for the occasion.





So while Hannah didn't get burned whatsoever, I got burned to a crisp. Better me than her though, right? Hannah also made some new friends on our trip. After all, who could resist that cute little face?


We had a wonderful trip. Christina. I am so proud of you and all that you've accomplished. Thank you for letting us be a part of your celebration. We love you and can't wait to see what you're going to do next! PhD maybe???

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, I LOVE the picture with Hannah in the hat and sunglasses!! Too cute!

Christina said...

Ok, so I just read this now and I wish I had seen it like a year and a half ago! But I hope you know how glad I am that you were able to make it for my graduation, to be a part of the weekend, and to continue to be such a great friend! Love you!! :-)